Pages

The Andrew W.Mellon Foundation | The Neil Ker Memorial Fund

Missale — Canterbury, Kent. Benedictine cathedral priory of Holy Trinity or Christ Church.


Provenance: Canterbury, Kent. Benedictine cathedral priory of Holy Trinity or Christ Church.
Location: Bodleian Library , Oxford
Shelfmark: Rawlinson C.168 fols. 45–108
Author/Title: Missale
Type of evidence: e: evidence from an ex-libris inscription or note of gift to an institution
Notes on evidence:

Given by Archbishop William Warham to his chantry in the cathedral church (fol. 99v): 'Hunc librum donavit reverendissimus in Christi pater dominus Willielmus Warham Cantuar. archiepiscopus ad usum celebrantium pro anima eiusdem in cantaria per eum fundata . . . in parte boriali navis ecclesie cathedralis Cantuar'.

Date: s. xv
Ownership:

Ja. Dillon.

'Alexander Evers est possessor huius libri.'

Sir James Ware (1594–1666), antiquary and historian (Cat. (1648) MS. Theol. 18).

Henry, Earl of Clarendon (CMA 2/2 no. 18).